Purpose Statement

Exploration -> Experience -> Feeling -> Awareness -> Understanding -> Transformation -> Liberation

Sunday, April 21, 2013

El Griego Guapo

Mom and Dad were married in Athens Greece in 1962.

Young and Beautiful
Greek Marriage Certificate

We were planning to visit Greece in 2012 for their 50th anniversary, but the Greeks were rioting and Athens was burning over austerity, so we postponed our trip. The good news is that we are off in two weeks for a two week Greek adventure. Our itinerary is here. At the end of the tour, we are going to the city of Marathon, where the Greeks defeated the Persians in 490 BCE, and I am going to run from Marathon to Athens in a loincloth and sandals, in the mythical footsteps of Pheidippides, though hopefully I will not die from exhaustion or be run over by a crazy Greek driver. Once in Athens, we will be staying at the hotel where Mom and Dad honeymooned, and we have even reserved their room from 1962.


Ever the prepared traveler, I had a note prepared that explains my dietary preferences:

I am a vegetarian. I do not eat any kind of meat - beef, chicken, lamb, fish - nor do I eat eggs, milk, cheese, or yogurt. Could you bring me a vegetarian meal? And please use oil sparingly.

A salad with the dressing on the side.
A vegetarian eggplant dish like Imam Bayildi.
Ouzo and Baklava are vegetarian, right?

No comments: