Purpose Statement

Exploration -> Experience -> Feeling -> Awareness -> Understanding -> Transformation -> Liberation

Friday, November 13, 2009

Banging my Spoon (On my Highchair)

Thanks for the emails. It’s not so much that I want to drop out. I want to change the rules of the game.

Some friends and I used to work together for a large corporation. One fellow did really well and will, no doubt, soon be running the place. The rest of us did not do so well and have moved on. The successful fellow immediately understood and accepted the rules of the game and very skillfully played his hand. The rest of us thought the game was folly (it was) and the rules did not apply to us (they did).

Obama is a very clever and shrewd fellow. He is very pragmatic. He has his ideals, but is willing to compromise. It doesn’t have to be perfect, just better.

I detest ideologues and fundamentalists, people blinded to reality by faith or belief. But it is a fine thing to have ideals.

So I guess it comes down to:
1. I have ideals.
2. I think the game, the system, is folly.
3. I recognize that the rules do apply to me.
4. I struggle to skillfully play the game to move the system toward my ideals.

2 comments:

aspyre said...

Not in relation to anything you've posted lately, but I was pondering & felt it necessary to inform you: You are a unique and blessed individual.

Manai'a Explorations said...

Thank you.

Right back at you.