Purpose Statement

Exploration -> Experience -> Feeling -> Awareness -> Understanding -> Transformation -> Liberation

Sunday, June 22, 2014

#nakedhippiesolstice

Yesterday was the summer solstice, but it is too bloody hot in Tucson to build a henge and run around naked, so to celebrate the spirit of Pagan astronomy, I took my astrophotography to the next level and purchased an autoguiding system and an autofocus system. I spent last evening in the parking lot of Starizona learning how to use my new equipment. In spite of the light pollution, poor polar alignment, inexperienced operator, etc., I took this image of the Lagoon Nebula:
  

This is a composite of five X 5 minute exposures, manipulated in Photoshop to extend the dynamic range of image. Not bad. The technology that is accessible to the average consumer today is remarkable.

No comments: