Purpose Statement

Exploration -> Experience -> Feeling -> Awareness -> Understanding -> Transformation -> Liberation

Saturday, December 06, 2014

Brother Dwight's Adventure

 
When I moved to Honolulu in 2006, one of my first professional and social connections was with Dwight Streamfellow, an eco/enviro/green construction contractor with a 34' catamaran, S.V. Catnip. Dwight's dream was to cruise - to travel the world, specifically the south Pacific, in his sailboat - and hopefully share the experience with his youngest daughter, Sienna. Sienna was 12 years old in 2006.


Dwight and Sienna cruised the south Pacific for seven months last year and 19 year old Sienna recorded her experience here. They left Catnip in New Zealand and returned to "normal" life. Sienna went off to Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo to study agricultural and environmental plant sciences. The student newspaper did a nice article on her adventure.


I will be joining Dwight next week in New Zealand to help him sail Catnip across the Tasman Sea and up the Great Barrier Reef.

But more immediately, I am running the Tucson Marathon tomorrow. I was training really well up until 6 weeks ago when I began a non-stop out-of-town field-work marathon. I haven't really run in 6 weeks, so my strategy for tomorrow is to have a pleasant 5 hour jog with nice breaks at the aid stations.

No comments: